Peace of MindWe are here to offer peace of mind and help you take back your home so you, your family, and your pets can relax in a safe and comfortable environment. One call is all it takes to schedule a free estimate at a time that works well for you. We’ll remove any pests, fix the damage they caused, prevent pest re-entry, and then clean and sanitize the area so you can resume living life to the fullest. Don’t put it off. Those rodents are not going anywhere. And while they are on your property they can cause massive damage to your home.
Rodents Can Cause Structural DamageRodents tend to cause damage to a variety of places in your home. Since they are constantly trying to find a warm place to stay, they are always chewing through whatever is in their way. They chew through insulation and ducting causing your heating bills to rise drastically, electrical wiring which can cause electrical fires, furniture, cars, and plumbing fixtures which can cause flooding. Another way they can cause damage is from their droppings and urine stains on wood and insulation. If a rodent infestation isn’t dealt with, the possible damage is endless because a rodent’s teeth never stop growing. The cost of the damage that rodents cause is very high, so it’s important to take care of the problem right away.
Rodents Carry Dangerous DiseasesIn addition to the structural damage, rodents can cause health issues to the people around them. Diseases that people can get from rodents include:
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome – This virus can be picked up from the droppings and urine of deer mice. It causes severe illness in humans and nearly one-third of the cases reported in Washington state resulted in fatality.
- Plague – The Plague is a serious bacterial infection that humans can contract from flea bites. Fleas contract this bacteria from infected wild animals, such as rodents. Dogs and cats can also contract the disease and spread it to humans. In 2015, there were fifteen reported cases of the Plague.
- Salmonellosis – Salmonellosis is a bacterial infection of the intestines caused by the bacteria Salmonella. The bacteria is spread through the droppings of infected animals and humans. It can cause serious disease in children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems.
- Monkeypox – Monkeypox is a virus that spreads through contact with rodents or their blood and can cause respiratory problems in humans. There is no specific treatment for monkeypox, only a vaccine that lowers your risk of contracting it.
Signs To Look ForBelow are a few of the signs indicating that your home may have been invaded by rodents:
- Scratching noises at night inside the walls or ceiling
- Droppings or urine stains in attic or crawlspace insulation
- Dark colored oily smudges on top of small openings that rodents could get through
- Nests in insulation near and around ducting
- Pets, dogs or cats, scratching or staring at floor vents because they can hear rodent activity
Best Time to Deal With a Rodent InfestationThe best time to get rid of your rodent problem is right now. The damage that rodents cause can cost anywhere from hundreds to thousands if left untreated. There are also health concerns when rodents are living in close proximity to humans.
Benefits of Hiring a ProfessionalRemoving rodents on your own can be dangerous and likely unsuccessful. Rodents can cause so many diseases and bacterial infections that it becomes unsafe to be around them or their droppings without protective gear. By hiring Classic Insulation and Pest Control, you can be assured that your rodent problem is dealt with and have your damaged insulation replaced, all at once. It’s important to hire a professional because:
- Rodent removal can be difficult since it is likely that they are still alive and constantly moving.
- Our technicians can identify where the rodents are getting into your home and seal up any access points they have.
- Our technicians use protective gear to keep safe during treatment.