- Red, Itchy Bites
- Dots of Blood or Fecal Matter
- Musty Smell
- Shedded Skins
How to Get Rid of Bed BugsOnce you’ve confirmed that there are bed bugs in your home you should not waste any time in getting rid of them. Female bed bugs can lays hundreds of eggs at once. Follow these steps.
- Clean bedding, curtains, clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. Put shoes, stuffed animals and other items that can’t be washed in the dryer for 30 minutes on high.
- Use a stiff brush to scrub your mattress and mattress seams. This will remove bed bugs from their eggs.
- Vaccuum your bed and the surrounding areas. Once you’ve finished vacuuming, remove the vacuum bag and put it in an outdoor trash can.
- Place a zipper cover around your mattress and box spring. It needs to be tight enough to prevent bed bugs from entering or escaping. This has to be kept on your mattress for a year in order to kill all the bed bugs. If it is too far gone then get rid of your mattress.
- It may be necessary to hire a professional to do a chemical treatment of your home to ensure that all the bed bugs are gone.
Learn more and schedule a consultation today!